NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks // REVIEW


Recently the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks have launched here in Austria, which have been out for quite a while now in the US and Canada, but since Europe is quite slow when it comes to new make-up launches, they only just started being available here too.

Of course I had to get my hands on a few of them right when they first started selling so I now want to give you guys my thoughts on them and show you some swatches of the colours that I picked up.

Packaging & Applicator

The packaging is simple and colourful, pretty much like we are used to from NYX. I'd say it is quite similar to their Soft Matte Lip Creams, but bigger. The top is black and the tube itself has the colour of the actual lipstick so it's easy to grab the right colour out of your drawers.


The applicator is a doe-foot applicator that is quite a bit longer than your average lipgloss doe-foot applicator. It's also a bit bent upwards rather than a stick straight wand. I find it to have a great amount of product on so you can use one side for one lip and the other side for the other lip. Usually, I don't need to go back in and pick up more product for my lips.

Formular

The formula on these Liquid Suede lipsticks is very creamy and nice. They don't dry completely matte, they are indeed quite a suede finish. If I compare them to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, these are a bit creamier, definitely more pigmented and not as drying on the lips. I don't find the Soft Mattes to be drying but those are for sure even more comfortable to wear, at least on my lips.

The pigmentation is crazy good on these, from the swatches below you can see just how pigmented they are by one application. I didn't have to go back in the tube for more product, I also only really used one side of the applicator, except for the colour Vintage where I used both sides.

Swatches

Of course I picked up the more neutral, nude shades rather than purples, pinks or other crazy colours because those are the ones I get the most use out of.

f.l.t.r.: Sandstorm, Soft-Spoken, Vintage

I personally find these to be great lip products for the price they are. If you are into liquid lipsticks but don't love the complete matte and overly drying look/feel on your lips, the NYX Liquid Suedes are definitely worth giving a dry. I find them to be a great beginners liquid lipstick if you are trying to get used to the feeling of an actual liquid lipstick.

I really hope you enjoyed today's post and hopefully you check back next week!

xox, Julia

No comments